Thursday, September 5, 2013

Tonight's installment

Today or yesterday really was the first day of school for the Marksville girls. I miss having all of my kids here for pictures but alas these are the last three at home.
Above you can see my daughter Dennise who is a Junior this year, Deanna who is in 5th, and Dorothy who is in 1st. 

Dorothy picked out another book by Laura Numeroff called "If you give a dog a donut". Like I said we have the whole set and apparently she is on a roll for me to read these to her again.


Deanna read me "Green Eggs and Ham" by Dr. Seuss this evening. I am amazed by how fast she can read this book now, I remember when it took her several sittings just to get through it, now she is breezing through it. Amazed everyday by her progress. I hope to find her chapter book by tomorrow so that she can continue reading that to me, but is nice to see how far she has come from the first time she has read some of the books she has chosen to read to me lately.

As for Dennise she will be reading "The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald for school, which they recently made into a movie, and something the school will probably show the kids at sometime this year.


Will share my current read with you tomorrow night. Sleep tight everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment