Sunday, September 8, 2013

Sunday Night Snuggles

Well here it is the night before the start of the first full week of school here in Marksville. Dinner is done, kids are all washed up, outfits picked out, so now the time comes for snuggles and stories with mommy.

Tonight as warned Dorothy picked out "If you give a Moose a Muffin" by Laura Numeroff.


 Deanna chose to read  "The Best Nest" by P.D. Eastman. tonight.




Our neighbors had a yard sale yesterday in which I bought two books but today they had the rest of the stuff they had for free, so we grabbed the whole box of books. Anything that is a double to what we already have I will send to school for the book cart. At our school you can buy a book for .25 from the book cart during lunch. I know my kids love it and I am sure many others enjoy it just as much, and being able to pick out and purchase your very own book has got to be one of the best feelings in the whole wide world. Ok there are probably lots of better things but I am sure you know what I mean. 

I would suggest if you too have a book give a way of some sort at your school or in your community that when you see children's books for free or even if you have books at home that no one is reading anymore pass them on to others so that others can enjoy books that they might not have known about otherwise. 

Happy reading everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment